Your customers need to know the status of their orders. But placing and receiving multiple calls throughout the day is very time consuming (for you, your haulers, AND your customers). That's why we created tools to allow you to easily communicate with your customers.
All of your customers, whether or not they use Trux, can track their orders in real-time from the time the order is placed until the delivery has been completed. With Trux, your customers will know:
- What materials/products and amount has been ordered
- Where your delivery is on a map en route to/from the pick up and delivery site (the job site)
- When the order is arriving - to prepare the job site and crew for delivery
- How much of the order is on its way and how quickly (delivery velocity in loads/quantity per hour) the order is being delivered throughout the day
- Who (the haulers and vehicles) is delivering the order
- Where specifically on the job site each load was delivered
Click a link below to skip to that section of this user guide:
- Communicating with customer contacts
- Order Confirmation
- Delivery Tracker
- Delivery Insights
- Dispatch Summary
Communicating with customer contacts
Communicating with your customers is as simple as selecting a site contact(s) and checking a few boxes when creating a dispatch order.
You can select one or more from existing Contacts or create a new one(s).
Select a role for your Contact.
The following roles are available:
- Delivery Contact - The Primary Contact at the delivery site. There can only be one Delivery Contact per Dispatch Order, and this is the same individual who is referenced in the Mobile App for the Hauler.
- Manager - Typically members of a management team responsible for oversight at the delivery destination (e.g. Project Manager). There can be multiple Manager roles associated with a Dispatch Order.
- Admin - Any administrative role that has an interest in the performance of activities relating to the Delivery Site. There can be multiple Admin roles associated with a Dispatch Order.
- Quality Control/Inspector - Anyone concerned with quality concerns around materials delivered to a Delivery location e.g. DOT inspector. There can be multiple Quality Control/Inspector roles associated with a Dispatch Order.
- Internal - Any other employee. There can be multiple Internal roles associated with a Dispatch Order.
When you create a dispatch order, you will be presented by an Order Confirmation Preview.
The Order Confirmation serves as the initial communication with your customer and helps to confirm that the order they placed is what will be dispatched to their job site/delivery location. Click SEND NOW to send the confirmation via email and/or SMS text message to your selected Contact(s).
For dispatch orders configured to send a delivery tracker message, a text message will be sent to the site contact(s) you select when their first load starts.
The text message will contain a link that will open a page in their web browser that is accessible without any sign-up or login to TRUX and will allow the contact to view the status of the order.
- Order summary - order date, order #, the product being delivered, the start/plant and end/job site locations.
- Order delivery status - The percent of your order that has been delivered, is in progress, or has yet to begin. The number of loads delivered/total loads ordered, and the number of tons delivered/total tons ordered. This information is updated throughout the delivery process.
- In progress loads map - Each punched in hauler assigned to the order will appear on the map as a green dot showing their current location. Dots encircled in grey represent truckers who are “empty.” Dots encircled in orange represent truckers who are “loaded” and on their way to your job site.
- IN PROGRESS screen - tap to see all drivers with loads that are In Progress. The number of loads currently In Progress are shown in the circle (2 in the example above).
- Driver cards - each punched in trucker will also have a driver card. Driver cards display in order by truckers who are closest to the job site with approximate arrival time for INBOUND haulers. OUTBOUND and EMPTY trucks appear at the bottom of the tracker. INBOUND, ON SITE, and OUTBOUND direction is from the perspective of the Job Site - INBOUND to the Job Site and OUTBOUND from the Job Site. OUTBOUND truck tonnage is listed with an “*” to indicate the approximate number of tons they are returning to the plant to receive. INBOUND tonnage is actual and based on the scale weight (where integrated scales are available).
- Reveal haulers button - Tap this button to display the selected hauler on the map.
- Delivery ACTIONS - Tap this button to add an Inspection Result or a Comment to the delivery in progress.
- Dispatch number - This is the number that the hauler will call if they have questions about the assignment.
As loads are completed they are moved from the IN PROGRESS screen and added to the top of a new DELIVERED loads screen. All load cards on the DELIVERED screen are displayed in descending order by load completion time, and all delivered loads appear on the map to enable job site contacts to visually verify that loads were completed where expected relative to the drop zone.
- Delivered loads map - Each delivered load will appear on the map showing their delivery location within (green dot) or outside of (yellow dot) the delivery geofence (the orange circle).
- DELIVERED screen - tap to see all delivered loads. The number of delivered loads are shown in the circle (6 in the example above).
- Delivered load cards - each delivered load will also have a card. Cards display in order by delivery time with the most recent deliveries on top. Each delivery will be color-coded based on whether it was delivered within the geofence (green) our outside of the geofence (yellow). The load, arrival, and delivery time are also displayed.
- Reveal delivery button - Tap this button to display the selected delivery on the map.
- LOCATION - Tap this button to expand the card to reveal the specific delivery location on the map for this load.
- TICKET - Tap this button to expand the card to reveal the load ticket (eTicket) for this load.
- ACTIONS - Tap this button to add an Inspection Result, add a Comment, or Reject the load.
The tracker link will remain live and will be updated for the duration of an order and for up to 80 hours after delivery is complete or closed. The tracker will auto-refresh every 30 seconds. Additionally, site contacts can refresh their mobile browser window to manually reload the screen and get an updated status on their delivery.
The second and final text message the job site Contact will receive is sent when the trucker carrying the final load on the order has punched in.
Your customers can track Delivery Velocity - the number of tons Completed per hour, the Scheduled tons per hour, and the Average tons per hour from the INSIGHTS screen.
- Tap the INSIGHTS button to view the Delivery Velocity graph
- The graph shows both the Scheduled tons/hour and the Average tons/hour for each hour of the delivery window. This gives you and your customer insight into whether you are ahead of or behind schedule or perhaps creating issues on the job site.
At the completion of the order, your contact(s) will receive an email with a Scale Ticket Report attached as a .csv file.
- Click the map link to open the Delivery Tracker on the DELIVERED screen to view the time and location of each delivered load.
- Click the link here to request all of the load slip images.
- Download a .csv file with all of your scale ticket data.
The Scale Ticket Report will contain all of the scale ticket data, including the following information:
- TICKET DATE
- TICKET TIME
- QUARRY/PLANT LOCATION
- GROSS LBS
- TARE LBS
- RUNNING TOTAL LOADS
- RUNNING TOTAL TONS
- UNLOAD TIME
- DELIVERY ADDRESS
- DELIVERY CITY
- DELIVERY STATE
- DELIVERY ZIP
- DELIVERY COUNTY
- CONTRACTOR/CUSTOMER NAME
- GOVT CONTRACT
- PURCHASE ORDER
- REFERENCE #
- DESCRIPTION 1
- DESCRIPTION 2
- DESCRIPTION 3
- DELIVERY CONFIRMATION