A dispatch order is a single day commitment to deliver material/product to a customer delivery location. Dispatch orders are comprised of loads rolled up into dispatch assignments. You can create and manage all of your dispatch orders from the DISPATCH screen.
Creating a Dispatch Order
Dispatch orders are created from sales order items on the Sales Orders tab.
- Click on a sales order from the DISPATCH and the Sales Orders tab. This will display all sales order items associated with the selected sales order.
- Hover your mouse over the sales order item for which you would like to create a dispatch order, and click the + icon.
- Enter a Purchase Order # and select the Order Type (ORDER DELIVERY or CUSTOMER PICKUP).
- Select the start and end dates and times. Select AT START if the time is when the pickup should begin. Select AT DELIVERY if the time is for when the delivery should be made to the job site. Click Enable Stagger Times if you wish to enter an arrival interval for haulers so that they don't all arrive at the same time. The arrival time for each assignment would be adjusted based on the interval you enter.
- Select or enter the Start Location (where the haulers should pick up the materials) and the Delivery Location. Indicate how dispatch assignments will be completed:
- By TON: You enter the desired/ordered tons, and Trux calculates the number of loads required
- By LOAD: You enter the desired/ordered loads, and Trux calculates the number of tons to be delivered
- By STAY ON: You will notify the haulers when they are to stop deliveries
- Select which Truck Type(s) you need and the number of trucks needed.
- Select (or create) the customer Contacts. Contacts can have the following roles:
Delivery Contact - The Primary Contact at the delivery site. There can only be one Delivery Contact per Dispatch Order, and this is the same individual who is referenced in the Mobile App for the Hauler.
Manager - Typically members of a management team responsible for oversight at the delivery destination (e.g. Project Manager). There can be multiple Manager roles associated with a Dispatch Order.
Admin - Any administrative role that has an interest in the performance of activities relating to the Delivery Site. There can be multiple Admin roles associated with a Dispatch Order.
Quality Control/Inspector - Anyone concerned with quality concerns around materials delivered to a Delivery location e.g. DOT inspector. There can be multiple Quality Control/Inspector roles associated with a Dispatch Order.
Internal - Any other employee. There can be multiple Internal roles associated with a Dispatch Order.
All contacts will receive the Delivery Tracker message. Once you've selected your Contact(s) select which customer Communications they should receive.
- Enter notes for the dispatcher as well as specific instructions for the hauler. They will see these Hauler Instructions in Trux Drive for each dispatch assignment.
- Click CREATE & SEND to save the dispatch order and preview the Order Confirmation. Click CREATE to save the dispatch order without seeing the Order Confirmation preview.
- Verify the customer Contact(s) email address(es). Click an email to edit if necessary. Review the Dispatch Order Confirmation preview email to make sure it's correct. Click EDIT if you need to change something on the dispatch order or SEND LATER if you don't want to send the confirmation at this time.
- Click SEND NOW to send the Order Confirmation to your selected Contacts.
- Click the Dispatch Orders tab to view your newly-created dispatch order.
Now it's time to dispatch haulers to your order.