A sales order is a record of one or more products (also known as sales order items) that a customer has or will order from you. An individual sales order may contain multiple products/sales order items. Creating a sales order is the first step in the dispatch process.
Creating a Sales Order
You can create and manage all of your sales orders from the DISPATCH screen.
- Click DISPATCH on the left navigation menu.
- Click the Sales Orders tab.
- You can filter existing sales orders by choosing from among the list of filter options.
- All current sales orders appear below the filters.
- Click + CREATE to create a new sales order.
- Enter a Sales Order # and the phone # for your customer contact. Select start and end dates and times for the sales order, and enter a Description.
- Select an existing customer from the drop-down list, or create a new one.
- Select which, if any allowances you wish to include. Allowances impact when dispatch orders (NEED TO DEFINE THIS)
- Enter the address for the sales order. (IS THIS THE CUSTOMER'S ADDRESS?)
- Click CREATE SALES ORDER.
Creating a Sales Order Line Item
When you click CREATE SALES ORDER, you will see the following confirmation screen.
- Click EDIT to change the sales order or CLOSE to close the order without adding a Sales Order Item.
- Click ADD SALES ORDER ITEM to add a product to the newly-created sales order.
- Select or create a product/material Pickup Location
- Select or create a Product for the Sales Order Item.
- Enter the quantity, rate and rate unit associated with the item.
- Click CREATE ITEM when done.
You are now ready to create dispatch orders for the sales order you just created.