A sales order contains the details associated with a job for which you are supplying trucks. It contains your customer's information and destination location details. Creating a sales order is the first step in the dispatch process.
Show me how
Click the button below to be guided through how to do this within the TRUX application.
Creating a Sales Order
You can create and manage all of your sales orders from the DISPATCH screen.
- Click DISPATCH on the left navigation menu.
- Click the Sales Orders tab.
- You can filter existing sales orders by choosing from among the list of filter options.
- All current sales orders appear below the filters.
- Click + CREATE to create a new sales order.
- Enter a Sales Order # and the phone # for your customer contact. Select start and end dates and times for the sales order, and enter a Description.
- Select an existing customer from the drop-down list, or create a new one.
- Select which, if any allowances you wish to include. In general, allowances impact how an order is or isn't auto-completed after their Complete By type has been fulfilled. They are selected by default.
- After Complete: not applicable
- After End: if unchecked, the order will be marked as Completed after the specified End time
- Before Start: not applicable
- Exceed Quantity: if unchecked, the order will be marked as Completed after the specified Quantity when order is set to Complete by Quantity
- Exceed Loads: - if unchecked, the order will be marked as Completed after the specified Loads, for Complete by Load
- Enforce Target Net Weight - not applicable
- Enter the Street Address for the sales order. This is the location (e.g., the job site) to which the order will be delivered.
- Click CREATE SALES ORDER.
Creating a Sales Order Line Item
When you click CREATE SALES ORDER, you will see the following confirmation screen prompting you to create a Sales Order Line Item. A sales order item contains the more granular financial details specific to each product/material that you contracted to haul for your customer. You’ll create dispatch orders from the sales order items you create in Trux.
- Click EDIT to change the sales order or CLOSE to close the order without adding a Sales Order Item.
- Click ADD SALES ORDER ITEM to add a product to the newly-created sales order.
- Select or create a product/material Pickup Location
- Select or create a Product for the Sales Order Item.
- Enter the quantity, rate and rate unit associated with the item.
- Click CREATE ITEM when done.
You are now ready to create dispatch orders for the sales order you just created.