What is it?
Trux users with access to the Location screen are now able to view and manage the profile information for origin locations. This profile information is viewable on the DISPATCH screen to aid dispatchers when creating and managing dispatch orders. And haulers are able to view certain details associated with a plant they are traveling to within Trux Drive.
Location Management Functionality
Origin profile information is managed on the Location screen. Follow the steps below to update profile information for a selected location.
- Select an existing Origin Location. NOTE: your previous selection will be retained between sessions.
- Set or update the origin geofence. Use the geofence radius slider to set/edit the geofence radius. Drag and drop the location pin, and/or enter the specific latitude and longitude coordinates to set/edit the geofence location.
- Enter/Edit plant information
- Origin address
- Phone numbers - general (the origin’s general contact number), hauler contact (the contact number that will appear for the hauler in Trux Drive), and customer contact number (the number that appears in the Delivery Tracker for customers to call)
- Email - general and notification email (the email that is to receive any system notifications)
- Location specific instructions (250 character limit) - any special instructions that apply to the selected origin location such as where to enter/exit, any equipment prohibitions or requirements, etc.
- Turnaround times - the default plant and default destination turnaround times for the selected location. These will impact cycle time and hauling needs/load planning calculations.
- CB channel
- Default truck type(s) - select one or more default truck types to be used when creating dispatch orders from this origin. Dispatchers will be able to add/remove truck types when creating dispatch orders.
- Number of inbound and outbound scales at the origin
- Default load sizes - the default tons and cubic yards to be used when creating dispatch orders from this origin, ensures that the default load size for dispatch orders represents what the location manager wants it to be
Accurate fill rate data and performance requires accurate data entry on dispatch order hours, load size, plant loading time, etc. Origin profiles enable us to reduce the amount of manual adjustments required to get accurate dispatch order entry by controlling plant specific defaults, so that we can drive better fill rate insights.
Dispatchers can quickly view key data about an origin profile from within the dispatch tab by hovering over the origin location in the Dispatch Orders section of the DISPATCH screen.
Click on the origin location to view full origin profile details.
Hours of operation for the current day are shown. Click the dropdown arrow to view hours for the entire week. Hover and click over a phone number or email to copy that information to your clipboard. You can also view the location CB Channel, number of scales, and location specific instructions that will display for haulers in Trux Drive.
Haulers also have access to origin profile information from within Trux Drive.
- On the My Jobs tab of the Jobs screen (Schedule screen for Drivers), tap on the origin name to display more information about that location.
- Tap on the Hours drop-down to view the hours of operation for the entire week for the location.
- Tap on the phone number to place a call to the origin location.
Please sign in to leave a comment.