Vulcan customers can now submit reorder requests directly from within the Delivery Tracker! The following sections describe the customer experience and how dispatchers manage reorder requests.
The Delivery Tracker now includes a new Reorder button in the upper right near the order summary section. Watch this video to see how:
Follow the steps below to submit a reorder request.
- Tap REORDER to start the reorder request process.
- Select a one or more dates for which you would like to request a material delivery. Customers can submit a reorder request up to 30 days in the future with the following restrictions:
- Same day orders are not available. Requests must be for a future day.
- Customers can't select the next day (tomorrow) if it is after 2pm today (the next day will be greyed out and unelectable after 2pm).
- Each day/request will appear on its own line, and each one must be reviewed and either Scheduled or Rejected by Dispatch. Customers can change the delivery time window and the quantity or accept the default values which mirror the original order. They can also enter notes for each order and/or copy the same note to each request/day. Tap the trash can icon to remove a request for a specific day.
- Tap Next.
- If you need to make a change, click this button showing a summary of your reorder requests from the previous screen.
- Fill out your contact information and click Save. NOTE: You will only have to fill this out for your first reorder request. These fields should be pre-filled the next time you use the Reorder feature on this mobile device.
- Click Close on the confirmation message.
- The number of reorder requests submitted will appear under the REORDER button on the Delivery Tracker. You will receive an Order Confirmation once your requests have been scheduled. You can click the REORDER button again to add additional requests.
Reorder requests submitted by customers are not dispatch orders. They must be reviewed and either Scheduled or Rejected by Dispatch. Watch this video to see how.
Follow the steps below to Schedule or Reject reorder requests.
- We've added a new tab to the DISPATCH screen - the Requests tab - where you can review and manage all reorder requests. You will see a numbered badge/counter representing the number of reorder requests that need review and action (e.g., they have not been Scheduled or Rejected).
- You can filter requests by Requestor, Plant Location, Destination, Product, and/or Status. Click the filter icon to reset all filters.
- All reorder requests that meet your filter criteria will appear below. Click REJECT if you do not wish to schedule the reorder request.
- Enter a reason for rejecting the request. This is an internal note and not communicated to the customer. As noted on this screen, please reach out to the contact directly to discuss their rejected request.
- Click REJECT when complete and ready to reject the request.
If you click SCHEDULE in the previous screen, you will see the familiar Create Dispatch Order modal.
- You can Save the order as requested by the customer or make changes to the request. This is essentially the same process as creating a new dispatch order but with the customer's reorder request pre-populating the fields.
- Preview the Dispatch Order Confirmation and click EDIT, SEND LATER, or SEND NOW.
- The reorder request's status will change to Scheduled and will be visible on the Requests tab.
- The Scheduled reorder will also appear on the Dispatch Orders tab on the reorder date.
Please sign in to leave a comment.