This article contains the following sections. Click on a link below to jump to that section.
- What is the Vulcan Powered by TRUX Experience?
- What is my role in the VPBT Experience?
- What does the customer see?
- Can I see the Vulcan Delivery Tracker that is sent to the customer?
- Can I re-send the message to a customer?
- Can a customer share a Vulcan Delivery Tracker?
- What triggers sending a Daily Dispatch Summary?
- What's Next?
What is the Vulcan Powered by TRUX Experience?
The Vulcan Powered by TRUX Experience (VPBT) is designed to enhance job site and plant productivity, with the following features:
|Feature||What is it?||Customer Value|
|Vulcan Delivery Tracker (VDT)||
|Daily Dispatch Summary (DDS)||
|More to come||
What is my role in the VPBT Experience?
The VPBT Experience begins with the creation of a dispatch order with Vulcan Delivery Tracker enabled. The following video shows you the process from beginning to end.
Sending a VDT message and a DDS can be done in a few simple steps as you are creating a dispatch order.
- Select the Delivery Location. Click the edit icon ( ) to view, verify, and edit the geofence.
- Select the job site Contact
- Edit the job site Contact, if necessary, to include a valid mobile number and email address (if no valid email address can be collected, use email@example.com). NOTE: A valid email address is required to send a DDS.
- Select Send Delivery Tracker Message (This may already be checked by default).
And that’s all you have to do to start the VPBT process! The Delivery Tracker message will be sent to the job site Contact’s mobile number when the first load punches in, and the Daily Dispatch Summary will be sent to their email address at the completion of their order delivery.
What does the customer see?
The job site Contact you selected when creating the dispatch order will receive a text message with a Vulcan Delivery Tracker link when their first load punches in.
Clicking the link will open the user’s mobile web browser to the Vulcan Delivery Tracker for their order on the IN PROGRESS screen.
- Order summary - order date, order #, the product being delivered, the plant and job site
- Product Safety Data Sheets link - tap this link to access Vulcan Safety Data Sheets.
- Order delivery status - The percent of your order that has been delivered, the number of loads delivered and the total loads ordered, the number of tons delivered and the total tons ordered. This information is updated throughout the delivery process.
- Delivery map - Each punched in hauler assigned to the order will appear on the map as a green dot showing their current location. Dots encircled in grey represent truckers who are “empty.” Dots encircled in orange represent truckers who are “loaded” and on their way to your job site.
- IN PROGRESS screen - tap to see all drivers with loads that are In Progress. The number of loads currently In Progress are shown.
- Driver cards - each punched in trucker will also have a driver card. Driver cards display in order by truckers who are closest to the job site, with OUTBOUND and EMPTY trucks appearing at the bottom of the tracker. INBOUND and OUTBOUND direction is from the perspective of the Job Site - INBOUND to the Job Site and OUTBOUND from the Job Site. OUTBOUND truck tonnage is listed with an “*” to indicate the approximate number of tons they are returning to the plant to receive. INBOUND tonnage is actual and based on the scale weight.
- Dispatch number - contact number for dispatch if you have questions.
As loads are completed they are moved from the IN PROGRESS screen and added to the top of a new DELIVERED loads screen. All load cards on the DELIVERED screen are displayed in descending order by load completion time, and all delivered loads appear on the map to enable job site contacts to visually verify that loads were completed where expected relative to the drop zone.
- Out of Zone deliveries
- In Zone delivery
- DELIVERED screen - Tap to see all loads that have been delivered.
- In Zone delivery icon
- Out of Zone delivery icon
- LOCATION details - tap to review the location and time the load was delivered.
The tracker link will remain live and will be updated for the duration of an order and for up to 48 hours after delivery is complete or closed. The tracker will auto-refresh every 30 seconds. Additionally, site contacts can refresh their mobile browser window to manually reload the screen and get an updated status on their delivery.
The second and final text message the job site Contact will receive is sent when the trucker carrying the final load on the order has punched in.
Clicking the link will open the user’s web browser and display the Vulcan Delivery Tracker showing your completed order.
At the completion of the order, the job site contact will receive an email with the Daily Dispatch Summary (DDS) attached as a .csv file. Clicking the "map" link opens the Delivery Tracker on the DELIVERED tab where customers can view the time and location of each delivered load.
The attached Scale Ticket Report will contain all of the scale ticket data, including the following information:
- TICKET DATE
- TICKET TIME
- QUARRY/PLANT LOCATION
- GROSS LBS
- TARE LBS
- RUNNING TOTAL LOADS
- RUNNING TOTAL TONS
- UNLOAD TIME
- DELIVERY ADDRESS
- DELIVERY CITY
- DELIVERY STATE
- DELIVERY ZIP
- DELIVERY COUNTY
- CONTRACTOR/CUSTOMER NAME
- GOVT CONTRACT
- PURCHASE ORDER
- REFERENCE #
- DESCRIPTION 1
- DESCRIPTION 2
- DESCRIPTION 3
- DELIVERY CONFIRMATION
Can I see the Vulcan Delivery Tracker that is sent to the customer?
Yes! You can access the VDT for each dispatch order with the tracker enabled. Here’s how.
- Click the Delivery Tracker shortcut menu.
- Click Open Delivery Tracker to open the Delivery Tracker in a new browser tab/window.
Can I re-send the message to a customer?
Yes! You can re-send a VDT message to the job site Contact. Here’s how.
- Click the Delivery Tracker shortcut menu.
- Click Send Message to send a Delivery Tracker text message to the job site contact.
- Click Open Delivery Tracker to open the Delivery Tracker in a new browser tab/window. You can view the tracker and/or copy the URL to email or text to another contact.
Can a customer share a Vulcan Delivery Tracker?
The best way for a customer to share a live Delivery Tracker message is to copy the link/URL and paste it into a text message or email. Here's how.
What triggers sending a Daily Dispatch Summary?
A Daily Dispatch Summary will be sent to the customer Contact you select in the dispatch order when the delivery is complete (e.g., dispatch orders with a status of Completed or Completed - System in TRUX). Orders will be marked Completed if the total ordered tonnage is reached, the total number of loads are reached, or a dispatcher manually completes the order (e.g., in the case of Stay On orders). NOTE: In the event a dispatch order is not completed by reaching the total tonnage or number of loads, a DDT will not be sent to the customer unless and until you mark the order as complete (or the order is completed automatically in the system after 12 hours).
Over the next few TRUX releases, we will begin adding additional features, including electronic ticket images for customers and haulers. This will give customers the option to remove paper tickets and driver contact from all deliveries.