Every two weeks, TRUX releases software updates that can include new features, functionality, and performance improvements (and maybe a few bug fixes too ;-). These updates are designed to deliver more value to our customers. It can be hard to keep up with everything that’s changed, so we’ve put together a list of the top five most impactful features added in the last year. Click on a feature listed below to go to that section, or just scroll to read them all!
- Dispatch order management
- Cycle Time Analysis
- Order Delivery Tracker
- Tracking/Map enhancements
- Find a Truck - overflow
Dispatch Order Management
Dispatchers spend more time on the DISPATCH screen than on any other screen in TRUX. So it makes sense that we dedicated a lot of effort over the last year into enhancing your ability to manage open dispatch orders and active truckers. From tracking order progress in real-time, to pinning orders, to filters, to Last Load alerts, we’ve added many new features to help you deliver more material more efficiently.
Cycle Time Analysis
Cycle Time Analysis allows dispatchers to measure and manage turnaround time at the plant, during the trucker's journey, and turnaround time at the job site. Understanding cycle time can help:
- identify where bottlenecks are occurring before they become problematic and spread
- determine if you are "over- or under-trucked", and make adjustments to improve dispatch order efficiency and throughput
- identify high-performing plants, truckers, and job sites to create best practices
- schedule and dispatch smarter
Read more about Cycle Time Analysis in this article.
Order Delivery Tracker
TRUX Order Delivery Tracker allows all of your customers, regardless of whether or not they use TRUX, to track their orders in real-time. Order Delivery Tracker tells your customers:
- Where the order is on a map en route to/from the job site
- When the order is arriving - to prepare the job site and crew for delivery
- How much of the order is on its way
- Who (the truckers and vehicles) is delivering the order
TRUX gives you the ability to keep track of where truckers are in real-time and on past orders - all without any GPS equipment. To that end, we’ve put a lot of effort into displaying more trucker information on the map. When you click on an active trucker in the REAL-TIME tab, you now see the following information:
- Trucker name
- Trucker relationship (e.g., Marketplace, Regular, Favorite, etc.)
- Trucker phone number
- Speed range:
- Stopped - under 2 mph
- Low Speed - between 2 mph and 20 mph
- Traveling - over 20 mph
- Load status
- Truck type (e.g., Tri-Axle) and truck color
- The direction of travel (shown for trucks traveling at a speed >10 mph)
We’ve also added plant and job site icons as well as a visual of the geofence for each location. Most recently we added current traffic conditions as well.
To maps on the HISTORY tab, we added a slider that allows you to follow the time-stamped route that I trucker took on a given assignment. We also added icons to indicate when and where a trucker punched in and punched out.
Find a Truck - overflow
Sometimes you need access to more trucks beyond your Regulars, Company Dedicated, or Favorites. Fortunately, this is one of the biggest use cases for TRUX - expanding your trucking supply with access to a virtual fleet of truckers on the TRUX Marketplace.
Earlier this year we added the ability for dispatchers to fill their overflow trucking needs from the TRUX Marketplace with the Find a Truck feature. Over 3,200 assignments have been completed by haulers using the Find a Truck feature this year!