You've created a job (a project), and now you need to get trucks. The first step is to create shifts that you will dispatch to haulers.
Show me how
Click the button below to be guided through how to do this within TRUX.
Click JOBS on the left navigation menu.
Click one of the two GET TRUCKS buttons.
- Click the GET TRUCKS button, OR
- Hover your mouse over a job and click the orange, Get Trucks button.
Enter information about your job/project, including the time, location, and date(s).
- Start Time - This is when haulers will punch-in to begin work on your job.
- Set Expiration Time (optional) - How long after the start time we should search for a truck? Unless it’s an all-day job, this should be first thing in the morning. If you are willing to take a truck at any time throughout the day, this time should extend throughout the day.
- Stagger (optional) - Each truck will show up at a fixed time after the previous truck with the first truck arriving at the chosen start time.
- Start and End Locations - Pick from the list of existing locations, or create a new one. Once you enter an address, you will need to set the geofence around your location. A geofence is a virtual boundary, set up around a specific location, such as around a specific job site, quarry, plant, or stockyard. TRUX uses geofences to trigger an action when haulers using TRUX cross into or out of your start and/or end location(s). Learn more about creating a geofence.
- Date(s) - Select the inclusive date(s) for your job. Click as many dates as necessary to complete your job. You can also add more dates later.
- Shift Instructions - This is what truckers that accept this job will see. It is critical to post descriptive details about your work. Include information like the type of haul and material. Is it a short or a long-haul? Note the expected loads or tons per truck so a hauler can estimate the daily revenue for the work. What type of material is to be hauled? Asphalt? Clean fill? Something else? Is there any special equipment required to haul the material? A steel bed? An asphalt tarp? A special trailer hitch? Are there any prohibited items (e.g., a pintle hook)? Learn more best practices here.
- Click CONTINUE.
Select your pay rate, truck types, and dispatch method.
- Rate - Select your pay rate option. You can pay by HOUR, TON, or LOAD.
- Truck Type(s), # Trucks, and Rate - Click the Truck Type drop-down list and select all of the truck types that you are willing to accept for your job. Enter the number of trucks you need. Enter the rate you will pay (Hourly, Per Ton, or Per Load based on the rate type you've chosen in the previous step).
- Require Load Slips - Check this job checkbox if you want to require haulers to upload a picture of each load slip for each delivery. NOTE: This is optional for Hourly pay and will be automatically checked for pay by TON and pay by LOAD.
- Material Type - Select the material that needs to be hauled.
- Choose Truckers - Select how you wish to dispatch your shifts.
- If you select ALL TRUCKERS, your shifts will be available to all approved truckers on the TRUX Marketplace. Haulers within 100 miles of the job Start OR End Locations are notified and able to claim the shift(s).
- If you select FAVORITES FIRST, your shifts will be available only to truckers on your Favorites List for one hour after the shift is posted. Your favorites will be notified that they have been specifically requested for your shift(s). If none of your favorites accept the job within the 1-hour window, it will then be offered to all approved truckers on the TRUX Marketplace as described above.
- If you select MANUAL DISPATCH, your shifts will be invisible to all TRUX truckers until you dispatch them manually from your fleet on the DISPATCH screen. After you select Manual Dispatch, click the DISPATCH tab on the left side of the screen, select your trucker(s) from among your Favorites, Company Dedicated, Regulars, or a custom hauler group, drag and drop the hauler onto the shift, and click SAVE CHANGES to manually dispatch them. The dispatched haulers will be notified that they have been specifically requested for your shifts, and they will be able to Accept or Reject the request.