This First thing you need to do before getting trucks in TRUX is to create a job. A job can be a 1-day project, a project that may take three years and acts as a placeholder to create dispatches, or a sales order that a customer is going to order from frequently. You can create a job in just 3 easy steps.
Show me how
Click the button below to be guided through how to do this within TRUX.
Click JOBS on the left navigation menu.
Click the + NEW JOB button.
Fill out the information on the Create Job screen, and click CREATE JOB.
- Job Name - Enter a name for your job. This is the name that will appear when you post shifts for haulers to claim.
- Internal Job ID - Enter an Internal Job ID if you wish to group all job-related costs.
- Job Description - This is an internal description that will help you remember the job details.
- Job Instructions - These instructions will appear on every shift that you post and tell haulers what they will need to know about the job. Do not post rates or contact numbers here. You will set the rate(s) when you post shifts for the job.
- Prevailing Wage - Check if applicable. Learn more about Prevailing Wage jobs here.
- Truck ID Required - Check this if truckers will be required to provide details about the vehicle they are driving for your job.