Release Date: 01/23/2020
New Features and Enhancements
Digital Dispatch, Core, and Fleet Management
- Shift Re-Ordering Dispatch Options - We've added new options when re-ordering individual shifts and multiple shifts in bulk.
Users can now choose how they wish to dispatch the re-ordered shift(s) with the following options:
- Same driver(s)/Trucking Company(s) - this was existing functionality to request the same hauler that was used to fill the original shift,
- Manual Dispatch - dispatch the shift to a hauler of your choosing (the new re-ordered shift is set to Unassigned), or
- All Truckers - dispatch the shift to the TRUX Marketplace (the new re-ordered shift is set to Searching)
The Same Driver(s)/Trucking Company(s) option is disabled if a user selects >1 for the number of Trucks or there is no driver or owner associated with the shift.
When selecting the Same Driver(s)/Trucking Company(s), if the driver is from your internal fleet, the re-ordered shift is assigned to the same driver. If the driver is not part of your internal fleet, the re-ordered shift is set to Requested for the original truck owner/broker.
When re-ordering multiple shifts at once (bulk re-order), users will be allowed to select the Same Driver(s)/Trucking Company(s) if all of the original shifts had a driver assigned or owner requested. If, however, one or more of the original shifts did not have a driver assigned/owner requested, this option will be disabled.
- TRACK History Map Display - When viewing assignments or shifts on the HISTORY tab, the "slider widget" no longer covers a job site, plant, or trucker route on the initial loading of the map. This does not prevent the slider from blocking these map items if a user zooms and/or moves the map after the initial load.
- Fleet Screen Driver Search Field - We've added a driver search field that allows users to search within the Favorites, Regulars, and Company Dedicated tabs. Users can search for drivers by company, driver name, phone, location, email, or location.
- Projected Hauler Utilization - Dispatchers can get a better sense of whether their truckers are being fully-utilized and how close they are to having a full day’s worth of work with Projected Hauler Utilization. A "thermometer" indicator now appears beneath each active trucker showing their current assignments/loads for the day. The thermometer is filled according to the following criteria:
- All assignments/loads are combined into a single line
- The lines are ordered by the hauler’s assignment stack
- The length of each line is determined by the estimated cycle time for each assignment/load as a percent of a 10-hour day
- Black = Completed assignments/loads. The length is based on the fraction of how many loads are in that assignment (e.g. 3 loads completed out of 5 total scheduled loads shows a 60% completed bar).
- Gray = Scheduled assignments/loads.
- Light Gray = Unscheduled/available hours (in a 10-hour day).
NOTE: A hauler's projected utilization does not include shift work, Marketplace work (Find a Truck-Overflow), work assigned by other companies, or commute time to/from home.
Hovering over the thermometer will reveal the following messages:
On the Fleet tab, a yellow or red alert will display under the following conditions and with the following messages:
= Haulers with assignments/loads that total between 10 - 13 hours (this alert can still also indicate where "There are assignments with earlier start times than the next assignment for this trucker"). Hovering over the icon will reveal the alert reason and message.
= Haulers with assignments/loads that total > 13 hours (This alert can still also indicate "Last Load"). Hovering over the alert will reveal a similar message to the yellow alert, but the hours committed will be in excess of 13 hours for a 10-hour target.
- Load Details Popup - We've changed the behavior of the Load Details popover window when a user scrolls through Open Dispatch Orders. Previously, the Load Details window would remain on the screen above Open Dispatch Orders even when the assignment scrolled beyond view/off the screen - resulting in an "orphaned" floating window. Now, the Load Details window will disappear as soon as a user scrolls up or down - no more orphaned floating window.
- Assignment Stacking Order - When using the "Start Now" function, load assignments are automatically restacked, but the assignment the dispatcher chooses to start now was dropping to the bottom of the load stack instead of appearing "next up" in the Active Trucker tab. Clicking "Start Now" now correctly places the assignment at the top as the next assignment. Additionally, haulers accepting assignments “out of order” was impacting the stacking order - now all assignments are kept in their initial stack order regardless of the order in which they are accepted by haulers.
- TRUX ID for Truck Changes - Sometimes a fleet owner will either match the wrong TRUX ID to a driver, or their truck will break down and have to swap it for another one. In these cases, if the truck is changed by the owner, the FLEET tab on the DISPATCH screen did not update to reflect the correct TRUX ID. In these instances, the TRUX ID in the Open Dispatch Orders tab would update to reflect the change, but the TRUX ID in the FLEET tab did not. Now the TRUX ID is updated on the FLEET tab to reflect the new TRUX ID and matches the updated TRUX ID on the Open Dispatch Orders tab.