Release Date: 10/01/2020
New Features and Enhancements
- Select multiple contacts for a Dispatch Order - Dispatchers can now add multiple Job Site Contacts when creating Dispatch Orders so that more than a single contact (e.g multiple Job Site Contacts, DOT representatives, etc.) can be informed of job site activity via a Delivery Tracker message.
Here is the process from end-to-end.
Adding New Contacts and Contact Roles
Adding new contacts is the same as before. Click + Create a New Contact in the Contacts dropdown.
What's different about adding contacts now is that you must assign one of the following roles to each contact as shown below.
- Delivery Contact - The Primary Contact at the delivery site. There can only be one Delivery Contact per Dispatch Order, and this is the same individual who is referenced in the Mobile App for the Hauler.
- Manager - Typically members of a management team responsible for oversight at the delivery destination (e.g. Project Manager). There can be multiple Manager roles associated with a Dispatch Order.
- Admin - Any administrative role that has an interest in the performance of activities relating to the Delivery Site. There can be multiple Admin roles associated with a Dispatch Order.
- Quality Control/Inspector - Anyone concerned with quality concerns around materials delivered to a Delivery location e.g. DOT inspector. There can be multiple Quality Control/Inspector roles associated with a Dispatch Order.
- Internal - Any Vulcan employee. There can be multiple Internal roles associated with a Dispatch Order.
Selecting Multiple Contacts
To select multiple contacts, just click the ones from the Contacts dropdown that you would like to receive notification of delivery status. NOTE: each contact selected will receive the Delivery Tracker messages as well as the Daily Dispatch Summary upon completion of the order. The messages will be the same, and they will be delivered simultaneously.
Selected contacts are sorted at the top when the Contacts menu is closed and re-opened. Additionally, the total number of contacts selected will appear in the dropdown label (e.g., 3 CONTACTS shown above).
There are no limits to the total number of contacts you can select, though one (and only one) Delivery Contact per dispatch order must be selected.
- Remember the last truck type used - When creating a shift(s), the Truck Type selection list now defaults to showing the last truck type chosen when creating a shift. This selection should be retained across sessions.
In the example above, 50T Lowbed was the Truck Type selected the last time a shift was created for this job.