1) Open https://app.truxnow.com/ and login
2) Go to the JOBS screen where you will see ALL, OPEN, and COMPLETED jobs. Click +NEW JOB located on the top right of the screen.
3) Fill out the following information:
- Job Name - a descriptive name for the job (e.g., Concrete haul-off, Market St Paving, etc.)
- Internal Job ID - if you wish to group all job-related costs
- Job Description - This is an internal description that will help you remember the job details.
- Job Instructions - an optional, internal note to your office
- Insurance Required - Bronze - $1M of Combined Single Limit, Silver - $1M of General Liability and $1M of Combined Single Limit
- Prevailing Wage Job - If applicable. Read more about Prevailing Wage here.
- Truck ID Required - if truckers will be required to provide details about the vehicle they are driving for your job.
When complete, click CREATE JOB button in lower right corner.
Ok, you’ve successfully created a job! Now you can either continue creating new jobs, or you can click the GET TRUCKS button to start dispatching trucks!
4) Click GET TRUCKS button in the top right corner, and select the job for which you would like to get trucks.
5) Fill out the following information about the shift as needed:
- Start Time - when you would like the trucks to arrive for the shift.
- Stagger (optional) - Each truck will show up at a fixed time after the previous truck with the first truck arriving at the chosen start time.
- Expiration Time (optional) - How long after the start time we should search for a truck? Unless it’s an all-day job, this should be first thing in the morning. If you are willing to take a truck at any time throughout the day, this time should extend throughout the day
- Start Location - enter the address of the start location, and indicate if this is the Job Site, Plant, or Other. Set the geofence for the start location. For more information on creating a geofence, read this help article.
- End Location (optional) - same instructions as for the Start Location.
- Date(s) - Select all inclusive date(s) for this job.
- Job Instructions - This is what truckers that accept this job will see. It is critical to post descriptive details about your work. See this article on Job Instructions best practices for more information.
Click CONTINUE… once all fields are filled out.
6) Select whether you will be paying an HOURLY rate or BY THE TON. Then choose which Truck Type(s) you will accept, the # of Trucks you require, and the Rate(s) you will pay for each truck type.
7) Choose the type of dispatch.
If you select ALL TRUCKERS, your shifts will be available to all approved truckers on the TRUX Marketplace.
If you select FAVORITES FIRST, your shifts will be available only to truckers on your Favorites List for one hour after the order is placed. If none of your favorites accept the job, it will be offered to all approved truckers on the TRUX Marketplace.
If you select MANUAL DISPATCH, your shifts will be invisible to all TRUX truckers until you dispatch them manually from your fleet on the DISPATCH tab.
8) Click PLACE ORDER Button
If you selected All Truckers or Favorites First, you are now done! Go to the Shifts screen to see which slots have been filled. If you selected Manual Dispatch, simply click the Dispatch tab on the left side of the screen to select your truckers.
9) Click DISPATCH on the left side of the screen. Drag and drop truckers from your Fleet to Unassigned Truck Shifts and click SAVE CHANGES.
10) If your Fleet is unavailable and/or you still need additional trucks, click FILL REMAINING SHIFTS and SAVE CHANGES to dispatch your job(s) to the TRUX Marketplace.
If you have any questions regarding TRUX and how to get more trucks for your business, call us direct at (800)485-1304.